Volunteers are essential to our society. Volunteers help deliver valuable services to those in need, help build community and help address many important social issues. As a FKZO member, there are many fantastic volunteer opportunities you can take part in! It is a great opportunity to meet new people; develop new skills; and to enjoy the festivities.
Volunteering will help you:
Network/meet new people
- Get a great reference
- Learn about the community
- Gain valuable experience
- Develop transferrable skills
- Give back to the community through meaningful work
- Explore career options
- Have fun
If you are interested in volunteering, there are a number of opportunities available. Beverage/Food Service
- Security (requires record check and 19 years of age only) Grounds Personnel
- In 2016, almost 12.5 million Canadians volunteered
- These 12 million Canadians contributed a total of 2 billion hours of work. The highest rates of volunteering were among young Canadians and those with higher levels of formal education.